Welcome To My Culinary & Holistic Lifestyle Blog!
In Pursuit of Optimal Digestive Health
Blender Turmeric Tonic
With Fall now in FULL SWING, our radar is especially kicking into HIGH-GEAR when it comes to keeping our Immune System strong and well!
Your body will THANK you for ingesting this anti-inflammatory, powerhouse of a blender juice tonic!
Turmeric is an acquired taste, in my humble opinion! Therefore, turmeric-based beverages, including this one, may not be for everyone!
Regardless, the health-related benefits just cannot be denied, and when enjoyed in a liquified form, the goodness is rapidly and easily absorbed by your body.
Between this strategic ingredient-combining and a touch of natural sweetness, you can arrive at a pleasing blend that your body is hungry for!
What I love about this beverage is that it is so quick-and-easy to make. If you have a blender, you're set!
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF THE KEY INGREDIENTS!
- Cleanses the liver and the bloodstream
- Supports digestion
- Strengthens Immune System function
- Helps regulate blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Alkalizing for the body once metabolized
- Be sure to seek out firm and heavy lemons that have a rich and vibrant yellow colour, along with a smooth and slightly-glossy outer surface!
- One of the most widely-available and utilized medicinal herbs
- Its compound Gingerol helps reduce inflammation
- Helps regulate both blood pressure and cholesterol
- Contributes to optimal circulation
- Helps to achieve relief with nausea, upset stomach and indigestion
- Helps kill off bacteria associated with acute illness
Raw, Unpasteurized Honey[iii]:
- Isn’t processed or cooked in preparation for sale, so retains all of its naturally-occurring vitamins and minerals (in the proportions Mother Nature intended)!
- Possesses antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties.
- Is considered to be a full-body tonic
- Its active constituent curcumin is a potent antioxidant
- Soothes inflammation and supports the reduction of histamine levels in the body; histamine is a bodily chemical released as part of the body’s immune response
- Its bioactive compound piperine may boost the body's ability to absorb curcumin
Access the recipe HERE.
*If you'd like to try out the incredible raw, unpasteurized honey pictured above, enjoy code JESSPNUTRITION at checkout for 15% off your Beekeeper's Naturals order (on both their Canadian and American sites)!
If you make this blender-made tonic, be sure to tag me on Facebook or Instagram with your creation, letting me know what you think of it, and so I can drool over what you've created in your own kitchen!
[i] Balch, P. A. (2003) Prescription for Dietary Wellness, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Avery.
[ii] Balch, P. A. (2003) Prescription for Dietary Wellness, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Avery.
[iii] Balch, P. A. (2003) Prescription for Dietary Wellness, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Avery.
[iv] Balch, P. A. (2003) Prescription for Dietary Wellness, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Avery.
[v] Goodson, A. (2018, July 4) Why Turmeric and Black Pepper is a Powerful Combination. Retrieved December 22, 2018 from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-and-black-pepper